The Beta Eta Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor dates back to 1924 when nine young women formed a local sorority called Phi Gamma Mu. On September 23, 1929 the sorority was installed into Alpha Delta Pi.
In 1933, the Beta Eta Chapter purchased our current house from Dr. and Mrs. Smith. Additions were made in 1948, 1956, and 1962 to accommodate the expanding chapter. Among sisters, the house is commonly referred to as the "Pi Palace".
The blue double doors of the Pi Palace welcome any women young or old into the comfort of our home. We have a workout room, study room, free laundry, chefs, and a cleaning service. In general, the house is a spacious place for anyone to relax or have fun.
The Beta Eta Chapter has demonstrated continued excellence in all facets of existence since its founding. We are actively involved in the University of Michigan Greek System through participation in the Panhellenic Association, Greek Leadership Conference, Greek Week, University activities, and the larger Ann Arbor community. We also keep a full social calendar and have received several awards for scholarship.
In addition, we have received the "Diamond Four Point" award many times and are a two-time recipient of the "Golden Lion" award. These awards are bestowed to worthy chapters at the Alpha Delta Pi National Convention signifying chapter excellence in the areas of service, sisterhood, scholarship, and social activities. These are the values that are represented by our diamond shaped pin.